CASE STUDY #1: SIRVA Business Intelligence Implementation
SIRVA, Inc. is a leader in providing relocation solutions to a well-established and diverse customer base around the world. The company operates in more than 40 countries with approximately 2,600 employees and an extensive network of agents and other service providers in over 175 countries.
The company’s well-recognized brands include Allied, Allied International, Allied Pickfords, Allied Special Products, DJK Residential, Global, northAmerican, northAmerican International, SIRVA Mortgage, SIRVA Relocation and SIRVA Settlement.
Sirva Relocation found itself with a stalled implementation of SAP Business Objects Xi R2 through technical challenges surrounding integration of Windows Active Directory. After 3 months of effort from experienced outside technical support, they did not have a platform upon which to build their metrics and dashboards, and were facing numerous technical problems rendering the platform operational. With mounting concern over budgetary constraints, the implementation team faced a growing demand from business units for consolidated operational and financial data but lacked an operational Business Objects XI platform upon which to implement warehousing strategy or architecture.
- Budget constraints on remaining effort allowed to implement a workable business intelligence solution.
- Extremely short timeline to demonstrate data warehouse capabilities.
- Stalled implementation of Business Objects through existing implementation team.
- Limited IT resources to divert to the implementation of the overall system.
Having engaged ICON Technology Solutions, SIRVA achieved the following results:
- Brought SAP Business Objects Xi R2 implementation on track and delivered first tool-set within 2 weeks of engagement with Icon Technology Solutions.
- Integrated the XI R2 platform with their existing network implementation of Active Directory within 1 week, bringing the overall effort to an operational status.
- Trained IT staff in key concepts surrounding data warehousing methodology and dimensional data modeling
- Conceptual architecture for data marts and enterprise data warehousing established.
- Prioritized list of short-term projects, and achieved a successful release schedule of new functionality.
- Established phased approach to consolidate financial information across source systems.
“The key element Icon brought to the table was expertise, focus and speed. They understood both the Business Objects topology as well as the network framework and were able to solve problems that noone else could. I’m not sure we would have had a Business Intelligence platform if it was not for their help.”
CASE STUDY #2: REALITIES
RealEFlow is a Customer Relations Management tool envisioned to target the real estate management industry at a cost competitive to medium and small-sized businesses.
This company, born and bred in Cleveland, Ohio, has quickly grown and gained market share in the arena of software used to manage the acquisition and turn-over of real estate investments. With our help, they have been able to reign in development costs as compared to their competition, allowing them to prosper in their market segment.
The implementation of this CRM involved the use of a powerful SQL Server database back-end coupled with a responsive and rich web-based client experiense.
By combining aspects of the most effective programs on the market, RealEFlow was designed with the capability to automate and support “front-office” business processes, including sales, marketing and service.
- Manage any combination of different Seller and Buyer types
- Establish a Virtual Office that you can access from any Internet connection
- Store your Documents for easy recall
- Stay connected with anywhere anytime access to your Calendar
- Stay on top of your life more effectively with our Task Manager
- Quickly find anyone in your system with the Search tool
- Make Announcements to enhance communication among team members
- Never lose a Note again – embedded in every contact for quick reference
- Easy one click access to websites you visit most with Weblinks
- Manage Workflow the smart way and enhance your ability to make better decisions
- Effective Team Collaboration means everyone has access to the same data and in real time – shooting productivity through the roof
CASE STUDY #3: Software based PBX
Organized in 1967, Northeast Ohio Neighborhood Health Services, Inc. (NEON) is entering its 40th year as a network of community health centers.
Collectively, the six health centers have greatly expanded the availability of primary health care services to residents in the Greater Cleveland area. The health centers offer accessible, comprehensive primary care services to the entire family, including Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, Family Practice, OB / GYN, Behavioral Health, Dental Optometry and Podiatry services.
Ancillary services such as laboratory, x-ray, nutrition and pharmacy services are also available, meeting a wide array of primary care needs. NEON accepts a number of payment arrangements for services including Medicare, Medicaid, CareSource, QualChoice, Anthem, United Health Care Plan, Medical Mutual of Ohio, CIGNA and other commercial insurance plans. Services are also available on a sliding fee scale, incorporating a patient?s family size and income.
NEON providers are committed to a service delivery model that addresses accessible personalized care. Patients have access to a primary care physician, who coordinates all of their health care needs. The provider staff currently includes 35 physicians, 10 dentists and a staff of Certified Nurse-Midwives and other support personnel. In addition to clinical services, patients have access to social work, health education, family planning and nutrition counseling, all of which provide a multi-disciplinary approach to improved health outcomes. Since its inception, NEON has maintained a history of collaboration with its community partners to assure the provision of quality health care services to residents of Northeast Ohio.
As NEON’s services expanded, the corporation was faced with either upgrading their existing hardware based PBX or installing an Enterprise ready VOIP solution to handle the extra communications traffic.
At the same time, NEON was interested in integrating some advanced communication features like call recording, presence information and computer based assistance.
NEON’s existing hardware infrastructure was a little outdated but with a minimal investment, could be updated to support VOIP traffic across all branch locations. NEON was also able to identify existing server equipment that could be utilized to host a VOIP PBX installation.
After careful evaluation, it was determined a significant ROI would be realized by utilizing existing resources to target a VOIP software based PBX installation.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and IIS 6.
- 3CX Enterprise 128SC software IPPBX for Windows.
- Polycom Soundpoint IP 320.
- Polycom Soundpoint IP 550.
- Polycom Soundpoint IP 560.
- Polycom Soundstation IP 7000.
- 60% (80+ after full implementation) reduction in communication costs realized in 12 months.
- Scalability without new hardware acquisitions.
- Drastically reduced turn-around time for phone system, moves, adds and changes.
- Significantly easier phone system administration.
- Added convenience for users though client applications.
Products and services our company used:
- Microsoft Window Server 2003 64bit edition and IIS 6.0.
- Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
- 3CX Enterprise software based PBX.
- IT business consulting, network engineering and systems administration.